Monday, April 23, 2012

Mood

The mood that is expressed throughout this book is sadness and despair. At times there was extreme happiness and joy. The presumption that "Alice" dies in the end prevents  you from achieving a positive feeling. However, knowing the ending defiantly provides a distinctive mood, which was sad. "Hell' I'm shaking on the inside more than I am on the outside. What a bastard life it is with out drugs." As she fell into the dark hole that drugs can put you in, you could feel the regret in every decision that she made. When she chose to use acid for the second time, she expresses, how it mad her feel like a low life, who was going to be living on the street when she gets older. She stated; "For the last two days I've been trying to convince myself that using LSD makes me a "dope addict" and all other kinds of low-life, unclean people".

No comments:

Post a Comment